A bit about me...

My photo
A daydreamer who wants to one wants to explore any possibility as much as she can. Yes, it sounds cheesy but I love cheese!

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Preperation


As children in school, we were taught to study hard and one day we’ll get that dream job. To keep doing well in school until you reach college.
But, it seems like I wasn’t prepared enough to deal with life after college in high school.
Which, I felt should be something crucial.
(Seriously, if it weren’t for my biology teacher explaining the dangers of over using your credit card and debt, I wouldn’t have a clue what having credit score meant until later in college.  I thought my economics teacher could teach me a thing or two. However, that was not the case. )
Ever since Bush came into power in the US, everything just kept doing down and down the drain. Obama is doing his best to pick up the pieces but it does take a long time to fix all of this.  But, let’s remember my dear brethren of the “great” United States, it’s not just Obama who’s in charge.  (We do have other branches of government calling the shots to!)
Due to jobs being scare, immigration laws in the US and Europe having gotten much more strict.
After one graduates, there is nowhere to go except to good old mom and dad!

Time Magazine wrote in an article, “More Young Adults Are Poor, Live With TheirParents”, wrote “In the spring of 2011, 5.9 million young adults aged 25 to 34 lived with their parents, up from 4.7 million before the recession”

Since things aren’t going well almost everywhere,  there is this feeling of hopelessness and wonder.
Excuse my language but…
What…The…Fuck?
Could this country not better prepare us for this?
                                                
I guess all I can do now is figure out how to turn my dreams into reality and be as realistic as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment